Seven Minute Keto Frosting
A quick, sugar-free cake frosting
- 3 lg eggs, whites only
- 1 cup erythritol/stevia blend sweetener buy powdered or pulverize in blender
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla or other flavoring
Set a double boiler or large pot of water to boil.
Combine egg whites, sweetener, and cold water with hand mixer.
When the pot of water is at a full boil, place the stainless steel bowl/double boiler into the water and carefully blend using the hand mixer for about seven minutes, until frosting becomes smooth and thick.
Remove from heat, then blend in the vanilla extract or other desired flavorings. See notes for ideas.
- Replace 1/3 cup of water with desired juice, like cherry or apple. This is NOT a keto option.
- 1 tsp cherry extract/flavoring
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon + 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Use your imagination. The sky's the limit!