This makes a perfect frosting for my Basic Keto Layer Cake.
Seven Minute Keto Frosting
A quick, sugar-free cake frosting
- hand mixer
- Double boiler or large stock pot and stainless steel bowl
- 3 lg eggs, whites only
- 1 cup erythritol/stevia blend sweetener buy powdered or pulverize in blender
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla or other flavoring
- Set a double boiler or large pot of water to boil.
- Combine egg whites, sweetener, and cold water with hand mixer.
- When the pot of water is at a full boil, place the stainless steel bowl/double boiler into the water and carefully blend using the hand mixer for about seven minutes, until frosting becomes smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat, then blend in the vanilla extract or other desired flavorings. See notes for ideas.
- Replace 1/3 cup of water with desired juice, like cherry or apple. This is NOT a keto option.
- 1 tsp cherry extract/flavoring
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon + 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Use your imagination. The sky's the limit!
If you try my Seven Minute Keto Frosting, please let me know how it went, and what could be improved!